To apply for open positions download our job application by clicking the application button.
You will then complete the application, attach it along with your resume, to an email addressed to Executive Director Natasha J. Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job location and job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Attachments must be formatted in Microsoft Word or PDF.
POSITION: Rapid Rehousing Housing Stabilizer
STATUS/DURATION: 1 Full-Time Position / Temporary
LOCATION: Chatham County (Siler City)
AGENCY: Central Piedmont Community Action, Inc
SALARY RANGE: 22,079 – 40,000
CLOSING DATE: August 12, 2020 at 5:00pm
EMAIL RESUME TO APPLY:
The Coordinated Entry System Rapid Rehousing Housing Stabilizer will provide field-based services to single adult individuals and households experiencing homelessness as they transition into stabilizing into permanent housing. The Breaking Barriers RRH Program offers short to mid-term rental assistant combined with linkages to employment and services to end clients' homelessness as well as create longer-term self-sufficiency. The Breaking Barriers RRH Housing Stabilizer's primary responsibilities are to assess for permanent housing opportunities and placement, provide housing stabilization services to include implementation of housing stabilization plans, and coordinate multiple services to meet each clients' needs. Housing Stabilizer is also responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with landlords/management companies/property owners as well as with other homeless service providers and partnering agencies.
• Able to evaluate data/information and make decisions quickly that are in alignment with the agency’s established policies, procedures, and guidelines
• Detail-oriented with active time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate; able to effectively use a computerized database for client file management, with necessary skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs
• Solution focus and self-starter with a strong ability to work independently.
• Willing to adjust to changes with limited notice
• Experience working in a community-based setting and as part of a team
• Skilled in non-violent crisis intervention
• Current, valid North Carolina Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record and reliable vehicle
• Bilingual- Spanish speaking preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years’ case management experience in social services/human services.
Volunteer opportunities are available at our Siler City, Asheboro, and Durham locations. Contact Amber Cole at or 919-742-2277 for more information.