To apply for open positions download our job application by clicking the application button.
You will then complete the application, attach it along with your resume, to an email addressed to Executive Director Natasha J. Elliott at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job location and job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Attachments must be formatted in Microsoft Word or PDF.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST - CSBG SELF-SUFFICIENCY PROGRAM
STATUS/DURATION: 1 Part-time Permanent Position / 20-24 hours per week
LOCATION: Chatham, Durham, Orange, Randolph Counties
SALARY RANGE: $15 - $18 per hour
CLOSING DATE: May 1, 2023 at 5:00pm
The CSBG Community Development Specialist is responsible for maintaining relationships with community stakeholders—individuals, businesses, and institutions—to promote our organization and programs/projects to target groups with community outreach activities. They will represent the agency and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase agency visibility within the communities we serve.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, passionate individual who shares our values and believes in our mission, has strong interpersonal skills, is a great communicator, and has 3 years of experience developing and implementing community outreach programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
• Forge new and maintain existing relationships with community stakeholders (individuals, businesses, and institutions) and potential donors.
• Develop and implement outreach strategies by organizing virtual workshops, events, and education/training programs to increase community awareness about our organization and programs/projects.
• Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
• Scheduling regular outreach presentations in the community and educate employees on community responsibility.
• Meet with community stakeholders and agency management to identify issues and challenges within the community and find effective solutions.
• Write content pieces, press releases, announcements, and newsletters, to inform the public about the organization’s projects, services, and upcoming events.
• Draft and submit proposals, reports, presentations, and pitches for all community outreach activities.
• Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the sponsorship plan.
• Oversee the donor management system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
• Ability to work with people from all segments of the community; emphasis on the low-income sector.
• Must have good typing skills and be computer literate.
• Must have knowledge of office procedures and practices.
• Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong experience preparing reports.
• Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
• Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
• Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Should have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or any related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience in community outreach and/or public relations. A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance are available voluntarily.
• Holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
• Closed the last 2 weeks of the year for break.